London: 6th Government Oil & Gas Fiscal Summit
October 10 - October 11
The Summit: 6th Government Oil & Gas Fiscal Summit
Designing stable, competitive fiscal systems to attract investment
This year’s Government Oil & Gas Fiscal Summit will focus on four key topics (laid out below) that are central to fiscal policy decisions around the world.
Each session will begin with Wood Mackenzie’s global overview of the topic, providing the international oil company (IOC)’s perspectives. This will be followed by presentations from government / NOC participants,based on their experiences.
This two day summit is the only forum exclusively for governments, NOCs, regulators, parastatals and tax authorities from resource producing nations. Participants will benefit from this unique opportunity to come together and discuss how they can develop their fiscal strategies to ensure they are delivering maximum value to their countries whilst still encouraging investment. The Summit will be held in collaboration with Wood Mackenzie.
Themes will center around:
- Licensing strategies and trends
- New fiscal and contractual mechanisms
- Fiscal disruption and evolution
- Licence expiry and decommissioning strategies
Participants will benefit from:
- Being part of meeting exclusively for governments – there will not be any IOCs or service companies
- Open and frank discussions – the Summit is conducted under the Chatham House Rule with no press in attendance
- The opportunity to share experiences and learn from others
- Insights from the world’s leading experts on fiscal policy